The Diet Guru
Peace and Love
I was born on a hot day in 1953 and raised by a pack of laughing hyenas. I swear that is how I remember it. Those laughing hyenas were actually my parents and their best friends who lived in the apartment above us! My parents were truly amazing. My mom taught me unconditional love, and my dad made sure my sisters and I had a relationship with God. Ron and Karen, my “other” parents who lived in the apartment above us, taught me how to be silly, zany, have fun, and not take life too seriously. My childhood was a non-stop roller coaster ride of practical jokes, laughter, and crazy fun times. My favorite moments always revolved around spending time at our community swimming pool. We all had very little money back in those days, but we were all rich in the joys of friendship, family, and playing tricks on each other!
I loved growing up in the ‘50s and ‘60s because those two decades were a time of innocence and rebirth. I especially loved the ‘60s and the hippie movement. Hippie mentality has been with me ever since 1967 when The Beatles grew their hair long and released their anthem to the world, “All You Need Is Love.” That same year produced “The Summer of Love.” Two years later, a half-million children of God gathered on Max Yasgur’s farm for three days of fun and music. Being a hippie (or just having hippie mentality) does not mean you smoke dope all the time, are lazy, or have poor hygiene (as we were often stereotyped in the ‘60s and ‘70s). Being a hippie means you are very aware of life, all life, and you care for everyone and everything. It truly is about “peace and love.”
Restoring Health and Happiness
Long before I became a hippie, I had a questioning mind that was especially interested in health and fitness. In fact, since I was seven years of age, my life has been focused on discovering the perfect way for humans to eat and live that creates true health and happiness. On this journey, I discovered that most Americans are in pain, overweight, or ill because of the way they eat, think, drink, and live. To help make America feel great again, I have spent the past 40 years of my life writing diet and health books, conducting seminars, hosting TV and radio shows, teaching Sport Nutrition, writing feature columns for national magazines, advocating prayer, teaching meditation, and more. To further help restore health and happiness to America, I offer my latest creations, Palm Beach Diet, magazine, and blog. These truly are exciting times for The Diet Guru!
Health, fitness, and detoxification are in my bloodstream and have always dominated my life. Don’t get me wrong though, I spent a portion of my youth partying and going down the wrong path, but my spiritual upbringing, decades of meditation, exercise, bodybuilding, a positive outlook, and the hippie movement got me back on track. It’s true. All you need is love.
- I was a competitive swimmer and diver from ages 7-15. I competed in my first race in June of 1960.
- In 1966 at the age of 13, I received my first barbell set, made my first homemade protein shake and fell in love with bodybuilding.
- During the hippie era of the ‘60s and ‘70s, I grew my hair long and adopted a hippie lifestyle.
- I performed my first 7-day fruit-and-vegetable detox in 1978. That detox changed my life!
- I have owned and operated two successful fitness clubs. I opened my first club (Jay’s Gym) in 1980.
- I am a clinical nutritionist with nearly four decades as a professional in my field.
- In 1980, I created a line of nutritional supplements for my first fitness club (the Jay’s Gym brand).
- I created Jay Robb Protein in 1989 and changed the world of protein powders forever. Currently, Jay Robb Protein is the #1 Premium Brand of Protein in America—and I don’t ever see that changing.
- I was a personal trainer for over 10 years.
- I taught Sports Nutrition for 10 years at The Natural Healing Institute in Encinitas, California.
- I have competed in and sponsored some of the nation’s first drug-tested bodybuilding contests.
- I have personally worked with thousands of members and clients and trained and advised countless bodybuilders for competitions.
- I am the best-selling author of nearly a dozen health and fitness books.
- From 1999-2003, I appeared on TV weekly as The Fat Burning Chef, on KUSI Channel 9 in San Diego.
- For 20 years, I was a feature columnist for Natural Bodybuilding Magazine.
- I have hosted my own health-talk radio show (The Fat Burning Chef Show).
- I have conducted over 500 weight-loss seminars across America.
- I am the founder and CEO of Jay Robb Enterprises, Inc.
- I created my “Cancer-Crushing Diet” that cured a spot of skin cancer on my stomach (it took me over 5 years to create and perfect that diet plan).
- I am the award-winning creator of Jay Robb Protein, which is the #1 premium brand of protein in America.
- I walk my talk and have done my best to keep my abs sharp and my body fat at 10%, or less, for the past four decades.
- I have returned to my hippie roots and now focus on teaching others my DETOX YOUR LIFE program to all members of my DETOX CLUB at JayRobb.com. My new DETOX CLUB and my extensive detox program will help millions change their shape, their health, and their life! My new club also offers the support you need to succeed.
My Roots and Family
Oh, I forgot to mention, I was born in Kansas City. Missouri but have always been a California boy at heart. I moved to San Diego in 1985 and I resided there until 2011, at which time I packed up the babies and grabbed the old ladies and beat feet to North Palm Beach, Florida—where I have lived with my family ever since (and I am thoroughly enjoying NO state income tax because California is a jaw dropping 14%).
In my personal life, I have been blessed with a gorgeous wife, Beth, who is my best friend and the love of my life, along with our four beautiful children, and two grandchildren (I know what you are thinking. I am WAY too young to have grandkids!). I live with my family on a beautiful waterfront property in North Palm Beach, Florida. This property is truly a gift from God!
I enjoy meditating, praying, surfing, boating, working out, writing, sunbathing, being quiet, playing Frisbee, and spending time with my friends and family. I also enjoy romantic afternoons and evenings with my wife in the upper loft of the Tiki Hut in our beautiful backyard. We can sit for hours, sipping Topo Chicos (and sometimes wine) and holding hands in our private tropical hideaway. It is so peaceful seeing the palm trees waving in the wind, feeling the soft ocean breeze on our faces, and watching a colorful parade of boats and yachts cruising slowly up the Intracoastal waters. Life is good.